Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am ashamed to say that I missed/skipped Wednesday's run. I really intended to go but school was canceled because of the snow. I could have gone later in the afternoon but I decided instead to be lazy and not get out. I can come up with a hundred excuses not to run if I don't get it done first thing in the morning. So, new rule!!!!! Always run first thing in the morning. Do not put it off and tell yourself you will go later in the day - that is a LIE :) you will not go!
I did get my long run in Thursday. 8 miles took me 1:27ish. I ran slowly so I would have the energy to finish. Why are the first couple of miles the hardest? After I got past them I felt fine. My thighs were burning toward the end- but of course the were, I ran 8 miles! My longest run to date.
Today we are in Tuscaloosa. We went to gymnastics last night and a bbq today. Allie is napping in the car right now. As soon as she wakes up we will go to the basketball game. Ross left us in the car - which is fine because Allie really needs a nap! Anyway- I got up early and ran my 5 miles. I plan to get up and run another 5 before we leave in the morning to make up for missing Wednesday. My thighs were burning today too! Makes me think of a quote I read somewhere . . ."Pain is weakness leaving the body." Gotta love that!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment