Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bursitis

No wonder my hip hurts so badly when the PT rolls it! I have bursitis in my hip and got a cortisone shot at my checkup on Tuesday. I have been told these shots really hurt, so I totally dreaded it when the dr suggested we try it. She sprayed my hip with some "freezy cream" then gave me a numbing shot and then the cortisone shot. It only pinched a little - not bad at all. It really, really, really hurt more on Thursday than it did when I got the shot. I am happy to report that today my hip is feeling much better :) I took my last 800mg Advil this afternoon, so I am looking forward to seeing how my knee and thigh feel without any anti inflammatory meds. I got a flyer in the mail for a race in October. I aked my pt if that was a realistic goal. She said she thought that was reasonable. Four more weeks to heal and four weeks to train. Oh, I get to start training in 1/2 mile increments. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment